Friday, April 15, 2011

Small CA Nonprofits must file 199N e-postcard beginning this year.

The California Franchise Tax Board now requires small nonprofits (those with normal gross receipts of $25,000 or less) to file the 199N e-postcard.  This is an annual filing beginning with tax year 2010.  This e-Postcard is a very short tax form that is similar to the Form 990-N, which is already required to be filed with the IRS.  To complete the 199N you will need the following information:
  1. Employer identification number (EIN), also known as a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)).
  2. Tax year
  3. Legal name and mailing address of the Organization
  4. Any other names the organization uses
  5. Name and address of a principal officer
  6. Web site address if the organization has one
  7. Confirmation that the organization’s annual gross receipts are normally $25,000 or less ($50,000 for tax years ending on or after December 31, 2010)
Please note:  if your nonprofit is no longer in business and has (or is) terminating businesses you will need to provide a statement to that affect to the Franchise Tax Board. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello & Thanks for Posting on Capacity for Change!
Please review our community agreements before posting:
-Include your name in the post - no anonymous commenting
-Share your thoughts and opinions respectfully
-Provide constructive feedback
-Avoiding pejorative language
Posts that do not adhere to our community agreements will be removed.

Post a Comment

Share this post